Quick Links

Useful Links

Special Educational Needs & Disabilities

SEND Information Report

The Children and Families Bill received royal assent on 13 March 2014, confirming the obligation for local authorities to publish a document called a ‘Local offer’ by September 2014, at County level and by individual schools.    The 'Local Offer' has been superseded by the 'SEND Information Report' (see below).  

Most children and young people with SEND will have their needs met through good quality, personalised planning and teaching in a mainstream educational setting.

A few children or young people who are falling behind or making inadequate progress may need extra, targeted school based support additional to and different from what is normally available.

Our job in schools is to help your child achieve the very best they can whilst they are at school, together with your help.  We are a team and everyone in the team must work well together to enable children to achieve their full potential.   You know your child best and you may feel that they need some additional help or support for some or all of their time at school.  We are here to help.

Our SEND Information Report will inform you of the types of Special Needs Support offered and available for your child at Etchingham Church of England Primary School. 

Our Special Educational Needs Coordinator, Catherine Palmer can be contacted via e mail on senco@riversidefederation.org



SEND Pamphlet

Complaints from parents of children with SEND

At Etchingham Church of England School we operate an ‘open door’ policy. Parents and Carers are encouraged to speak with the class teacher about any concerns they may have. They will be able to discuss additional support children are receiving. If you wish to discuss your child’s needs further please contact the Headteacher or SENDCO who will be able to talk about how the School can support children with SEND. The School’s Complaints Policy is on our school website. This procedure includes complaints around SEND and Looked after children. The policy can also be obtained through request of a paper copy from the school office. Please follow this policy if you would like to make a formal complaint. In the first instance discussions would be encouraged with the class teacher, SENDCO and Headteacher to try and resolve any issues.  If your complaint is specifically about a child's Education and Health Care Plan (EHC) procedures or about the content of the EHC, the complaint should be made to the Local Authority in accordance with the SEND Code of Practice.